Monday, November 20, 2017

Paper Mosaics


Through this lesson we explored the process to create mosaics.  Mosaics are larger pieces of work created by arranging together smaller pieces of glass, tile, pebbles, paper, etc.  The inspiration for our mosaics came from the season our table was assigned to, I had fall.  The process for our mosaics was to complete the mosaic background with small cut pieces of construction paper.  I used warm colors to draw a connection to the colors of fall.  Then, after our background was complete we placed silhouettes that applied to our theme on top. 

One way I would adapt this lesson would be to expand more on using small pieces to create a larger picture.  Instead of using the smaller pieces just for a background, I would have my students use the small pieces of different types of paper to create an animal portrait of their choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment